It’s 9 pm in the evening and as my family and I are preparing snacks for our karaoke session at home, it came to my attention about how this cool karaoke machine has always been a part of our special gatherings at home and how little I know about it.
I did a little research and found out some cool facts about the karaoke machine that we all enjoy so much.
Here are a few things that I have gathered from my little research:
1. The word karaoke got its name from two Japanese words “Kara” meaning empty and “Oketusura” meaning empty, which literally translates into “ Empty Orchestra”. Thanks to its Japanese inventor, Daisuke Inoue, who invented the handy karaoke machine that allowed one to sing along to a pre-recorded version of the song in 1971.
2. Although the Japanese invented the first karaoke machine, the first patented Karaoke machine belongs to a Filipino named Roberto del Rosario. In 1975 he patented a Karaoke-Sing-Along system from the original Juke-8 version. Consequently giving birth to every Filipino’s favorite past time.
3. In Japan, the Karaoke culture is used for both business and pleasure. They usually take their clients out for a fun night of karaoke that in turn could lead to a signed contract for new business. To take their Karaoke experience to another level, they usually hire a professional singer to entertain their clients
4. Time magazine once referred to "My Way" as a favorite song of choice for Karaoke lovers mostly after having a few drinks. According to news, it was also reported that in the Philippines there was a series of killings related to the hefty singing of Frank Sinatra’s hit single.
5. In the United States, they usually celebrate the 4th week as National Karaoke Week. This is the only proof that the Karaoke fever has hit the United States pretty seriously, it undeniable that the Asian’s favorite past time has made its footprint across the globe.
6. The longest karaoke marathon lasted for four days straight according to Guinness World Record. The record belongs to Leonardo Polverelli, an Italian karaoke enthusiast, who sang a total of 1,295 songs.
Luckily, we can now have access to the world’s smallest Karaoke machine with unlimited song library. Popsical Remix is a smart karaoke device making it possible for everyone to sing like a rockstar within the comforts of his own home! The development of the home karaoke machines has come a long way since then, with the latest features of Popsical, maybe we will have a new world record for the longest karaoke marathon sooner than you think!
Comments will be approved before showing up.