Thank you for purchasing Popsical. You can now enjoy the ultimate karaoke experience in the comfort of your own home. Remember to enhance your experience by downloading the Popsical App for iOS and Android.
What's in the box
- Remote Control (AAA batteries not included)
- USB-C to USB-A cable
- 2-Pin USA Adapter
- 3-Pin UK Converter
TV with HDMI Port
- In order to display music videos, your Popsical device must connect to your TV via a HDMI cable.
Cables and Batteries
- A USB-C cable (provided) to connect Popsical to a power source.
- A HDMI cable to connect Popsical to your TV (sold separately).
- A 3.5mm AUX cable to connect Popsical to a sound system. (You may not need this if your sound system has Bluetooth)
- x2 AAA batteries (not provided) for the remote control
- A WiFi router that broadcasts a WiFi network with a visible SSID (not hidden)
- Or you may also connect to the internet via an Ethernet (LAN) cable.
Software and Accounts
- A Popsical accountAndroid or iOS Remote App (optional)
Visit our online store at popsical.com to purchase any missing components.
3.5mm port : Connect Popsical to a sound system using a 3.5mm audio cable.
USB-C port: Connect Popsical to a power source via the USB-C cable provided.
HDMI port: Connect Popsical to the HDMI port of a TV using the HDMI cable.
Ethernet port: Connect to your broadband router via a LAN (Ethernet) cable.
Built-in Wi-Fi: Connect Popsical to your wireless network.
USB port: Connect a mouse or keyboard to the USB port if the remote control does not work or if you’ve left it at home.
There are three general setups you can follow to get your Popsical working.
Option A: If your TV has a 3.5mm AUX port
Option B: If your TV does not have a 3.5mm port
Option C: Connecting to the Popsical Sound (or any other sound system) via Bluetooth.
Step 1: Connecting Popsical to a Power source
Connect USB-A end of the USB-C cable into the 3-pin plug adaptor, and plug that into a 220-240 Vac power outlet. Next, connect the USB-C end of the same cable to the Popsical’s USB-C port.
Step 2: Connecting Popsical to a TV
Connect your HDMI cable to the Popsical’s HDMI port and the TV’s HDMI port. Ensure that your TV is switched to the correct mode, that will display your Popsical's video output.
Step 3: Connecting Popsical to a sound system
Option A: If your TV has a 3.5mm AUX port, you may use the AUX to RCA cable to connect it to your sound system or Popsical Sound.
Option B: If your TV does not have a 3.5mm AUX port, you may connect your Popsical directly to the sound system or Popsical Sound, using the AUX to RCA cable.
Option C: If your Sound System supports Bluetooth, you may also connect your Popsical to it directly, via Bluetooth (Home Screen \ Settings \ General Settings \ Bluetooth).
Note: If your sound system does not support these setups, please contact your sound system's provider for an alternative setup.
Your Popsical is covered with a 1 year limited warranty from the date of purchase as shown on your purchase receipt. Please bring the purchase receipt with you when making a warranty/servicing claim. For internet orders, please refer to your registered email address.
When is Popsical not covered under our Limited Warranty?
- Physical exterior damage to the plastic shell, but with no associated loss of product functionality; cosmetic-damage.
- Physical exterior damage to the plastic shell, and with loss of product functionality; human-damage.
- Physical damage to the interface ports, but with no associated loss of product functionality; cosmetic-damage.
- Physical damage to the interface ports, and with loss of product functionality; standard port wear-and-tear.
- Product malfunctions have been due to out-of-date software; please keep your Popsical software up-to-date.
When is Popsical covered under our Limited Warranty?
- No visible physical exterior damage to the plastic shell, with loss of product functionality; malfunction of internal components.
- No visible physical exterior damage, yet Popsical is unable to boot when the correct power supply is attached.
- No visible physical damage to the interface ports, and with loss of interface connectivity; malfunction of interface ports.
- No visible physical exterior damage, connected to the provided power supply, via our provided USB-C cable, connected to Popsical’s own stable WiFi network, and updated with the latest software, yet Popsical displays errant behaviour such as: (1) repeated crashes, (2) unable to play songs, (3) hangs on a purple screen, (4) fails to start.
Note: Please go to http://popsical.com/support to read our FAQ, or chat with a customer support representative via our Facebook page http://facebook.com/PopsicalKaraoke. Charges may apply for on-site servicing if your warranty period has ended.
• Popsical won't turn on
USB-C cable3-ping plug adapter has an incompatible voltage.3-pin plug adapter is not plugged in or main's switch is off.USB-C cable is faulty, non-certified.Popsical is in sleep / off modes.
1. Check that the USB-C cable is plugged in on both ends.
2. Check that the 3-pin plug adapter voltage is 5V 2A.
3. Check that the 3-pin plug adapter is plugged in, and that power is on at your main switch.
4. Ensure that you're using a certified USB-C cable.
5. Press and hold the power button on your remote.
• Popsical won't connect to WiFi
Password is incorrect.Signal is too weak / intermittent.Your WiFi network is hidden
Ensure that you have typed the correct password.Move the Popsical closer to your WiFi routerPlug a USB mouse into your Popsical, click "advanced", open the "more options" menu on the upper right of the network screen, click "Add Network". Enter SSID and password, press "Connect". Press "back" on your remote to exit the network screen.
• Popsical says the WiFi network has no internet.
Your WiFi router has no internet.Your WiFi router is not setup with DHCPYour WiFi router is behind a corporate firewall / captive portal.
Ensure that your router is plugged into your modem, and that the modem is turned on and connected to your ISP.Ensure that your router's DHCP server is enabled.Plug a USB mouse into your Popsical, click "open browser", refresh the page, input your username / password to login to the gateway, press back on your remote to exit the browser.
• Video and audio continuously buffer and do not play.
Popsical's WiFI connection is unstable.Popsical has disconnected from WiFi.Popsical has crashed.
Move Popsical closer to your WiFi router.Press "back" to return to the "main menu", select "settings", then "network settings", "forget" and "rejoin" your WiFi network.Restart Popsical by unplugging and replugging the USB-C cable, reconnect it to WiFi.
• iOS / Android Phone App does not work.
Popsical and phone are not on the same WiFi networkPopsical is unable to display a party code.Popsical has disconnected from WiFi.Phone App's party code has expired.Phone App has crashed/ frozen.Phone has disconnected from WiFi.
Ensure that both the Popsical and your Phone are connected to the same WiFi network.Restart your Popsical, ensure it is connected to WiFi, and NOT to Ethernet (see point 3).From the "main menu", go to "settings", select "network settings", select your wifi-network, press "forget", then re-enter your wifi password and click "connect" Press the "back" button to return to the "main menu".Force-quit the Phone App, re-input a new party code.Force-quit the Phone App, re-input a new party code.Reconnect your Phone to the same WiFi-network as your Popsical device.
• TV screen is black, there is no image, image is frozen.
Your TV's HDMI cable is loose or faultyYour TV is turned off, or is in the wrong input mode.Popsical has gone into sleep / off mode.Popsical has crashed / frozen.Popsical's WiFi connection is unstable.
Ensure that the HDMI cable is securely plugged in on both ends, and that it is certified and functional.Ensure that your TV is on, and is receiving video input from the correct port e.g. HDMI.Press and hold the "power button" on the Popsical remote.Restart your Popsical by unplugging and replugging the USB-C cable, which is providing the electrical input.Press back to exit the "karaoke screen", from the "main menu" go to "settings", click "network settings", forget and rejoin your WiFi network, and move Popsical closer.
• Popsical fails to start, stuck at a blank purple screen, hangs while playing a song
Using a power adapter that has less than 2A (Ampere) power output.
Use the standard power adapter that was provided to you in your Popsical box.